[X-Newbies] Do I have a virus? (Now is really looks like I do.)

Lawrence Klinger zzippy at cox.net
Tue Feb 21 21:51:40 PST 2006

On 2/20/06 11:56 PM, "Gen Hadlow Mac Impact Dbn" <ghadlow at iafrica.com>
wrote:

> On 21/2/2006 12:40 AM, "Lawrence Klinger" <zzippy at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm running OS 10.3.9 on an old iMac G3, DVD slot loader, 400 Mhz.
>>
>> Today I received a spam e-mail, and as is my custom, I delete these right
>> away.  Well, one message just refuses to go away.
>>
>> After a struggle, I got it out of my In Mail box, but now it's in with all
>> the deleted messages, and the infernal thing won't go.  Every time I attempt
>> a delete for this message, Entourage quits.
>>
>> When I bring Entourage back up, the message is still there.  I've done this
>> repeatedly, with the same results.
>>
>> Is there any other, more certain way, I could delete this message?
>>
>> I have a creepy feeling this thing is bad news.
>>
>> Thanks for any help and suggestions.
>>
>> Zippy

>> Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:
>>          http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmacguy1984
> Quit all your microsoft programms, word, excell entourage etc. Then hold
> down the alt key and open entourage. You will be asked to rebuild your data
> base. Once you rebuild it, your problem should go away.

Thanks for the advice, Gen.  I tried both the standard and the advanced
rebuild, but no success.  The annoying, unwanted e-mail is still there.

And now I have a SECOND e-mail that's doing the same thing.  I can't
get rid of either one of them.

By the way, the e-mails don't really contain a message. They're not even
addressed to me - they just show up, and neither has the same return
address.

Is there any way to delete an e-mail without opening it, using Entourage?

BTW, would I be better off using the "Mail" software that came with Panther?
Maybe it has built-in safeguards that would eliminate this problem to begin
with.

If anybody knows how to get rid of these unwanted e-mails, I would be
grateful to get your advice.  Thanks.

Zippy