[X-Newbies] Do I have a virus? (Now is really looks like I do.)

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Wed Feb 22 00:11:08 PST 2006

On Feb 21, 2006, at 9:51 PM, Lawrence Klinger wrote:

> And now I have a SECOND e-mail that's doing the same thing.  I can't
> get rid of either one of them.
>
> By the way, the e-mails don't really contain a message. They're not
> even
> addressed to me - they just show up, and neither has the same return
> address.
>
> Is there any way to delete an e-mail without opening it, using
> Entourage?
>
> BTW, would I be better off using the "Mail" software that came with
> Panther?
> Maybe it has built-in safeguards that would eliminate this problem
> to begin
> with.
>
> If anybody knows how to get rid of these unwanted e-mails, I would be
> grateful to get your advice.  Thanks.

It's a matter of opinion, but I'd say Mail would be better. In Tiger,
each message is stored as a separate file, so it would be possible to
delete only the message in question, just from the Finder. That
would, of course, be a last ditch effort, because it may not do Good
things™ for Mail.app's indexing. Besides - I like Mail.app better.

In both Mail.app and Entourage, you can delete a mail without opening
by closing the Preview pane, then selecting (single click, not
double)  the message, then delete.

--
Scott Buntin