[X-Newbies] Re: X-Newbies Digest, Vol 16, Issue 24

david_elmo david_elmo at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 1 14:19:36 PST 2006

> From: Fabian Fang <ftf at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [X-Newbies] Re: smart folder
>
> On Dec 30, 2005, at 5:35 PM, david_elmo wrote:
>
>> On Tiger. I go to Mail, Mail Help and type "smart folder" to find
>> out what this concept is. There are references on how to create
>> one, how to all sorts of things but no explanation of what it is.
>> How can help file makers overlook the simplest of questions?
>
> If you had searched for "Smart Mailbox" under Mail Help, you would
> have found the answer.

It is not obvious on my machine, "smart", "smart folder" and  "smart
mailbox" all give dubiously promising headelines...

BTW, I notice the Help is not responsive for searches once it has
been used once, put away and another search is made. One types in
another query, like "junk", which is sure to have some answer, and
nothing at all happens... Anyone notice this?

David Elmo