[X-Newbies] POWERBOOK G3 STARTUP DISK PROBLEM

DARRYL SPESSARD premiercollt at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 1 15:25:53 PST 2006

Help on G3 Pismo Powerbook

I have a G3 with a problem on start up.  The original system OS 9.2 and
an un installed OSX system folder is copied on the built in hard drive.
I could not get the built in CD/DVD rom drive to accept the OSX install
disk.  I transfered the OSX Install 1 disk to the Hard Drive and then
changed the start up disk.  I have tried all of the repair utilities and
none will bootup with the C key down.  Is there a way to get back to the
Control panel and change  the startup disk?  If there are any
suggestions including how to erase the existing hard drive please
advise.  The powerbook is stuck trying to boot from the OSX install
folder as the startup system folder.  I can not tell if the powerbook is
preventing the CD/DVD rom drive from booting from the OSX Install disk.
When attempting to start up with the c key down the disk spins fr about
30 seconds then spins down and ejects.

Any help would be appreciated.

Darryl