[X-Newbies] Re: Fruit Menu

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Jan 2 00:16:01 PST 2006

> From: "Chris Walker" <chris at mymac.demon.co.uk>
> Now on my new G5 this being my main machine, I'm running as User for
> security reasons.

This is complete nonsense. What possible "security reason" do you
have for this exactly? It increases your risk of viruses/spyware/
hackers by exactly ZERO percent. It increases your risk of someone
misusing your machine by ZERO percent. All it does is PREVENT you
from installing any software you want to install (no software can be
installed without your knowledge and consent in Admin).

This "Windows paranoia" mentality is really pathetic. Free yourself.

Cheers
Chas