[X-Newbies] Broadband and Macintosh

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Fri Jan 13 06:54:31 PST 2006

On Jan 13, 2006, at 3:57 AM, Keith MILLS wrote:

> Thank you so much. And such a simple solution. Hours on the phone
> with my provider achieved nothing/30 seconds with your advice and
> hey presto!
>
> Thanks again.
> Keith
>
> On 13 janv. 06, at 10:59, J wrote:
>
>> Check the 'proxies' settings in the Safari prefs?
>>
>> On Jan 13, 2006, at 3:50 AM, Keith MILLS wrote:
>>
>>> I am bewildered and wonder if anybody has any ideas.

Keith, I'm interested in what the settings were that gave you the
problem and what made things work, in case I see that error problem
again somewhere. Just goes to show that my experience is typical,
i.e. tech support usually doesn't know it's posterior alimentary
termination from a hole in the ground. When you find someone who
understands macs you have experienced a minor miracle.
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>