[X-Newbies] Re: Safari prints unwanted headers and footers

david_elmo david_elmo at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 17 13:11:54 PST 2006

> From: Richard Bienvenu <bienvenur at missouri.edu>
>
> I once knew how to prevent the printing of headers and footers on a
> web-page printout, but that knowledge has vanished from wherever it
> was
> stored in my brain. Does anyone know how to do this? I suspect that
> it's
> a printer configuration deal and not something specific to Safari.
> (The
> header lists the title of the page and gives a date and time of
> printing. The footer shows the file name and location and page info
> (e.g., Page 1 of 5).

Depends on your printer utility software, on mine eg, I have options
for Safari when I am printing from Safari... I can tick or not tick
re the headers and footers and backgrounds... I am running a 4/600
apple laserwriter on a QS (via a software bridge to a 7300... but
this is not so relevant)

David Elmo