[X-Newbies] Broadband cuts out

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Tue Jan 17 14:51:56 PST 2006

I am an X-Newbie myself and I cannot picture what you describe when I
poke around in Network Preferences.  Can you elaborate?  Is "Ethernet
Adaptor" a setting within OS X or for an external device?

And If you get no further help on this list, I suggest you join the Mac
Networks list at lowendmac.com.

On Jan 17, 2006, at 3:32 PM, Keith MILLS wrote:

> After you helped me last week I sent the additional query below. It is
> still problem, so has anyone any thoughts please? As long as I keep
> using the machine, all is well, but if I leave it for a couple of
> hours ... nothing. As I say, I can get back to normal by restarting
> the computer (which I have had to do several times in the last few
> days).
>

>> When I have not used the computer for several hours, I lose the
>> connection; no internet/no mail. If I then have a look at the
>> configurations, Ethernet Adaptor (en1) which is normally active has
>> disappeared from the setup! It shows internal modem instead - which
>> does not work. I can get back on with the return of Ethernet Adaptor
>> by restarting the computer. But surely that should not be necessary.
>> Am I missing something more?

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.