[X-Newbies] Headless minis

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 20 19:19:36 PST 2006

I have a MacMini that  setting up to use as a server. I found out
that VNC works to control it by just enabling Apple Remote Desktop in
the sharing preference panel (tres neato!). And I found out that
there were initially some problems with the Mini running without a
display, but now it runs fine headless. But what I'm really wondering
is whether I can plug/unplug a VGA monitor from the adapter while the
Mini is running. I still have some configuring to do, and
occasionally I just want to escape from VNC and use the real thing.
Would plugging / unplugging a VGA monitor hose anything?

Thanks,
SR