[X-Newbies] Argh! Lost Inbox

Richard Bienvenu bienvenur at missouri.edu
Tue Jan 24 08:00:34 PST 2006

J wrote:

> Where do I begin? I was trying to clean 1500+ emails of a server
> using the commands inside Mail.app.
> Somehow, it also deleted all the other inboxes too!
> I don't think it's the problem where mail won't show up because new
> mail comes in fine.
>
> What can I do now? Trash was emptied.
>
> I wish Mail.app were more robust!

The same thing, more or less, happened to me; i.e., 3 years worth of
email in the inbox simply vanished whilst I and a Helper from CenturyTel
were trying to get a DSL email account set up so that Mail would send
mail using the right server. When I asked him what had happened he
suggested I "contact the manufacturer." I guess he meant Apple? As far
as I know I did not instruct Mail to do anything like trash a few
hundred e-letters.

Richard Bienvenu