[X-Newbies] Text based web browser for Tiger on G5.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:58:00 PST 2006

On 1/24/06, Randy B. Singer <randy at macattorney.com> wrote:
> Brian Durant said:
>
> >Can anyone recommend a text based web browser for Tiger on a G5? I am
> >aware that there are a number of them out there, but I am not familiar
> >with what to look for. I am interested in using a text based browser
> >for, among other things, to easily copy news items and forward them to
> >some Internet fora that I belong to.
>

> You can already do this easily with your current, graphic Web browser.
> Normally you can just click and drag over text, and then copy and paste
> it into something like TextEdit to save it.
>
> If that doesn't work, choose Save, and under Format, choose to save the
> page as "text only".  You can open the resulting text file in TextEdit
> and delete what you don't want to save, and then save the rest.

Thank's Randy,

Funny, Safari doesn't save to text. Camino seems to do a great job.
The problem is that when you highlight text and copy or even saving as
a text file, you get all this extraneous java, graphics or URL stuff
that you have to edit in before you can get real, unadulterated text
:-(

Cheers,

Brian