[X-Newbies] Text based web browser for Tiger on G5.

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Tue Jan 24 14:08:01 PST 2006

At 8:58 PM +0100 1/24/06, Brian Durant wrote:
>Funny, Safari doesn't save to text. Camino seems to do a great job.
>The problem is that when you highlight text and copy or even saving as
>a text file, you get all this extraneous java, graphics or URL stuff
>that you have to edit in before you can get real, unadulterated text

You're doing it wrong - when you copy in Safari, the content is held
in multiple forms (I'm over-simplifying) and will paste in the
"richest" form that the destination accepts. You just need to change
the characteristics of the destination. For example, select and copy
some material on a page in Safari. Open Apple's TextEdit and get two
empty documents open (File--> New). Leave one of 'em in the default
format but in the second, choose Format--> Make Plain Text. Now paste
into each.

You can use this once you're aware of it - get and use content in the
format that's appropriate, putting it into whichever app will render
the way you wish.
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]