[X-Newbies] Problems with audio reception

Keith MILLS 4.oiseaux at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 31 02:34:28 PST 2006

Good morning

Because I am an exiled fan of my football team, I have a subscription
to listen to all the match commentaries from England - with Premiumtv.
I listened faithfully to every match until earlier this year when we
took out a broadband subscription. But since then - nothing.

Each time I try, I get the message: "Cannot open this file. Verify that
the path and filename are correct and and try again."

Because I got the same message when I tried to listen to Radio France
stations, I downloaded the latest version of RealPlayer - as advised by
Radio France. It  has made no difference. I can listen to BBC stations
by the way.

Premiumtv suggested that I ask my ISP (Wanadoo) why I cannot stream
from their sites. Eight days later I have received a reply. Their
suggestion is that I download FIREFOX. However I have lost confidence
in them and so I am asking you all ......

1. Do you think that this is likely to solve the problem?    And 2.  If
not, have you any other ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Keith Mills