[X-Newbies] Crashed USB HK isn't recognized by Mac

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Jul 23 10:03:48 PDT 2006

On Jul 23, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Aldo wrote:

> Does this mean I have to get another disk enclosure for the HD? Or
> does this mean that I need a brand new HD?

Its most likely hosed info on the disk that is keeping it in limbo as
far as Disk Utility is concerned. Its not a blank disk, but also not
a working disk. The easiest way out is to get a copy of Disk Warrior.
You might try plugging it into a PC to erase it, as the PC might see
it as an unformatted disk. After that, you can reformat it as HFS on
the Mac. There are probably more complex ways to do it by erasing the
volume using commands in the terminal.

SR