[X-Newbies] Photoshop disappears

Tony Johansen tjoh7019 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jul 26 08:40:22 PDT 2006

On 27/7/2006 12:38 AM, "J" <themacintoshlady at earthlink.net> wrote:

> It won't let me reassociate it with PS because the application itself
> won't show up as anything but a generic text document even after I
> weeded out all PS files and reinstalled..
>
> I have trashed the Launch services so that's not it anyway.
>
> Applecare said, update. I hope he's right. If I lose my Mail.app
> data, I'm screwed. :-)
>
> Pray.

Do you have more than one account on your Mac? If so did you check if the
problem was associated with just your account or was more fundamental.
Sometimes software problems occur due to unexpected conflicts with in an
account. If the problems are restricted to one or a limited number of
accounts it can give a better indication of where to look for the problem.

Prayer is of no use with these things, and the worst thing to do is to
panic. Keep calm and simply keep working the problem.

If you are not a member of Apple discussions, I would join now here:

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

If you do not have an Apple ID, create one, You do not have to have a .Mac
account to participate in the discussions, but you need the ID to log-in to
post questions. There are lots more minds there, and someone, somewhere may
have the suggestion you need. Dr. Smoke can be found there too. If you are
not familiar with his X-Labs troubleshooting website and book (I can
recommend it). You can find it here:

http://www.thexlab.com/

At the moment you are proving to yourself just how big the problem is. You
need to work through things so as to find where the actual edges of the
problem are and then work inwards from there.

Keeping calm and being tenacious will help you solve this.

Good luck

Tony
http://www.tonyjohansen.com
A Life Of Art