[X-Newbies] Spotlight settings

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 27 08:50:24 PDT 2006

I have put my whole HD into the Privacy pane on Spotlight and no
longer have problems with mail messages not showing up in the preview
pane! This was done as a troubleshooting method but now I like it
that way and will keep it except for one folder.

How do I just add the Documents folder for example, for it to index?
I do not want it doing a two hour indexing of the whole drive.

I suppose I will have to drag individual stuff to the Privacy and
then leave out the Docs folder but this seems backward to me.

The checkboxes are just what will be displayed and not indexed? Or yes?