[X-Newbies] Photoshop disappears

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 26 11:16:38 PDT 2006

On Jul 26, 2006, at 11:43 AM, J wrote:

> I'm in no way shape or form religious, however, I do practice
> TOLERANCE of those who are since it's essential to everyone's
> freedom of thought.

Actually, freedom of thought hinges on whether the *government* is
restricted from advancing or persecuting any particular ideology. As
individuals, we're obligated to respect property - e.g. the Klansman
sign, but we are not obligated to respect what is written on it.
"Tolerance" is a purposefully vague word used by people who want to
confuse respect for property (which is our legal obligation and a
foundation of freedom) and respect for the ideas of others for no
reason other than the fact that other people have them. We have to
"tolerate" the opinions of others in the sense that we cannot
physically attack them because we don't like what they say, and we
cannot destroy their property, however the very essence of
intellectual freedom is to be free from the requirement to
*intellectually* tolerate the opinions of those we disagree with.

Celebrate freedom - refuse to grant unearned respect to a position
you disagree with. Do it today!

SR