[X-Newbies] OS X Jaguar on Wallstreet (PB G3).

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 16:33:07 PDT 2006

Thanks for all of the comments on upgrading, how to and how much to
spend. It is of course one of my objectives to spend as little as
possible on upgrading my Wallstreet. The market value is slightly
different in Denmark, than it is in the States. I paid 700 DKK ($US
122)  for the Wallstreet, where as an iBook, depending on model and
condition, is going for anywhere between 4,500 DKK ($US 773) to about
8,000 DKK ($US 1,374). Computer parts are more expensive as well. It
would be nice to find the sweet spot and be able to make some good
deals on the side buying PB's fixing them up a bit and selling them on
again for the added value :-)

The main problem with the upgrade path being closed with Panther is
that fewer apps over time will support Jaguar, but hopefully by the
time that can seriously be felt, I will be able to by a PB that is
newer. I have a G5 single for home and my PB's will intentionally
always lag after my G5 as long as I don't travel more for work.

Cheers,

Brian