[X-Newbies] Getting Apple Mail.app to function!

Thomas J. Fobia tom578 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jun 10 17:54:51 PDT 2006

Hello all,
    I have been using Netscape as my email application. When I wanted to
email some photos (from my iPhoto progam) the "Mail.app" would boot up
automatically. Only problem is I cant seem to get it to get past
"Checking connection to Pop server "pop-server.rochester.rr.com"! It
just sits there and spins! Anyone have any idea why I cant get this working?

    Yes, I have moved my picture files to the desktop (after an
appropriate reduction is file size) and attached them to emails via my
Netscape mail function (no problems here). The problem is I have to
resize the pictures manually (usually in Photoshop CS2).

    iPhoto would do the resizing automatically but then it trys to send
them via the Apple Mail.app! Ive got to get the Mail application working
before I can use this iPhoto function! It seems so simple but its got to
be something that Im not doing correctly. Help anyone?

Thanks.
Tom