[X-Newbies] Panther to Tiger on a QuickSilver - a few questions as always...

Richard Ramsowr r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 24 07:17:43 PDT 2006

Morning all

The time is at hand - as well as the cash so ...

It looks as those IÕll about to take the plunge by
upgrading my Power Mac, G4,  ÒQuickSilverÓ, 733 MHz
with a L2 cache of 256 KB and a bus speed of 133 MHz.
ItÕs Memory is maxÕed out at 1.5 GB and itÕs Boot ROM
is version 4.2.5f1. the CPU is a Power PC G4 (2.1). I
looking to take OX x (10.3.9) up to a 10.4 ÒTigerÓ all
the way to the current version which I understand is
about to be 10.4.7 - better late than never. IÕm using
 the standard fair when it comes to software i.e.
Safari, Appleworks and the likes. The unit is used for
both personal use as well as running a small business.

Any thing that I should know about before hand or that
stands out as a Òno noÓ?

And while IÕm at it - does anyone know if SBC Yahoo
(now AT&T Yahoo) supports OS X (10.4.6 or 7)? The
folks at SBC/AT&T & Yahoo for that matter are ones to
latch onto Apple/Mac products with any speed!

Rick