[X-Newbies] Mail Links Open Backup Safari

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sat Mar 18 07:06:29 PST 2006

How can I make Mail 1.3.11 in Panther 10.3.9 open or use the Safari
1.3.1 that is on the same volume?  I cannot find any preferences in
either Mail or Safari to control this.

Recently I upgraded Panther to the latest version and upgraded Safari.
Apparently, the Safari upgrade hit every copy of Safari on two internal
drives, including my backup volume, with no dialog asking me where I
wanted the upgrade to go.  Ever since then, whenever I click on an
active link in Mail, the copy of Safari on my internal, backup hard
drive opens up, even while Safari on my main drive is already running.
This usually entails a few seconds of delay, and I do not care to hear
that rattle from the head movements of the original IBM 40GB hard drive
in this Quicksilver G4/733.

Thank you.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.