[X-Newbies] Mac..Itunes..Ipod..moving music to external drive

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Fri Mar 17 05:17:52 PST 2006

On 06-Mar-16, at 9:46 PM, Thomas McDermott Jr wrote:

> Good evening,
>    Thanks so much for the quick reply..seems easy enough.  Was
> wondering what happens when I don't have external drive attached
> and am traveling...can I buy music from itunes music store and have
> it sit on my powerbook's hd and then copy it to external drive when
> I get it back connected?

I suppose as long as you remember to move it to the external, ideally
before you plug the iPod in again.

>   Can I leave some music on my powerbook just for listening but
> have the sync'ing only from external drive?

Essentially you're wanting to have two music libraries. While I can
think of scenarios to make this work, they might be a bit
complicated. In the back of my mind it seems to me that there may be
shareware that will accomplish this.