[X-Newbies] ibook won't start

john mee john.mee at meefog.com
Tue Mar 21 10:14:50 PST 2006

Disk Warrior is good to have on hand. You may just have a corrupt
system and can still preserve the data if the OS X install will let
you run the upgrade option with the preserve preferences box checked.
It's telling you to reformat and not just install? Another way to
possibly get a peek at the data and even back up just to be safe is
to start it in firewire mode, if it will boot that way and you can
get to another FW enabled mac and borrow a FW cable you are in
business. If a friend has an early generation iPod they may have the
white FW cable that was used with the wall charger.

John Mee