[X-Newbies] ibook won't start

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 21 10:26:59 PST 2006

I don't know the extent of your startup problems but I recently
repaired a 1.5 Ghz powerbook that would not boot simply by trashing
the fonts in the HD library folder (NOT THE SYSTEM FOLDER OR USER
FOLDER) and the caches also.

Doing this seemed also to fix an issue with faxing that she had since
the very first day, when the computer seemed slower than my Tibook.
It runs perfectly now, whereas before it would not boot. It is
running 10.3.9.

If you have Applecare, and can get to any of the files, the
technician can walk you through trashing some things you might not
think of.