[X-Newbies] Create Guest user

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sat May 13 18:12:37 PDT 2006

On May 13, 2006, at 12:37 PM, Raymond P Reedy wrote:

> I also posted this on the iBook list. Sorry for cross-posting. Had no
> response, so thought i'd try here...
>
> I swapped iBooks with my daughter. I now have an iBook G3 700 Mhz. I
> created an account for me as an administrator. I then deleted her old
> account. There is no other user. (None in the "Deleted User's Folder")
>
> I try to create an account for the user Guest and I get a message in
> red that reads, "Name is not available."
>
> Anyone know WHY??

Pure speculation here.  "Guest" is a term with a specific meaning for
file sharing.  Possibly Apple reserves the use of that word for only
that purpose.  Perhaps if you try another name?

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.