[X-Newbies] PIM manager.

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Mon May 22 13:37:31 PDT 2006

On May 22, 2006, at 1:21 PM, Brian Durant wrote:

> I am looking for a PIM that plugs into Address Book, Mail.app and
> iCal. What I would like to do at this time is the following:
>
> I often receive e-mails with lectures, meetings, etc. that I would
> like to convert into iCal todo's and possibly add an e-mail address
> contained in the e-mail to my Address Book.
>
> There seems to be a real lack of PIMs in OS X. I used to use Chronos
> in OS 9, but haven't found anything satisfactory as per the above in
> OS X. Any ideas?

Go to VersionTracker or MacUpdate and search on "PIM".

Now Up-To-Date is probably the best known PIM for the Mac, but
according to comments at MacUpdate it's alarms are unreliable and the
developer doesn't seem to be in a hurry to fix the problem. A PIM
whose alarms don't work seems pretty pointless to me.

Phil
--
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the
system, but too early to shoot the bastards."