[X-Newbies] Looking for backup/clone/system CD/DVD creation software.

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat May 27 13:32:41 PDT 2006

Frank Eves MD said:

>> Impression $99
>> http://babelcompany.com/impression/
>
>This one was recently withdrawn from the market,

Thanks for the info.  Sad.  Another small developer bites the dust.  It's
hard to support yourself as a small software developer.

>perhaps precipitated by
><http://blog.plasticsfuture.org/2006/04/23/mac-backup-software-harmful/>

Maybe.  I don't know how many people have seen that site.

We talked about that site's recommendations extensively on other
discussion lists that I am on.  It very much appears that the site's
recommendations are worthless.  The metadata problems that the site warns
against don't seem to have been experienced in the real world by anyone.
For instance, Carbon Copy Cloner is not recommended, yet tens, maybe
hundreds of thousands of folks use it without a single complaint.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html