[X-Newbies] Open folder in new window

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sun May 28 14:17:56 PDT 2006

OK - here's a simple one. Remember how Mac OS had the option to open
double-clicked folders within the same window, or in a new window?
Is there a way to do that at all in OS X? Even a script to add that
to the folder context menu would work.  I found a bunch of keyboard
shortcuts here:

http://homepage.mac.com/frakes/MOSXPT/content/keyboard.html

The option key will make the selected folder open in a new window,
but it also closes the current window . . . close, but not it. Its
kind of a small thing, but I've been missing this for ages.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
SR