[X-Newbies] Retrieving data from PowerBook 1400.

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Tue May 30 16:06:58 PDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 11:36 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> Can you use those in target mode? I thought it was only some Firewire
> drives where that worked.

According to the Apple Knowledge Base article I read target disk mode
only works for internal master ATA (and not ATAPI) drives. The
external USB drive I had attached to my PowerBook did not show up on
the other machine. However, my DVD/CD-RW did work with an OS X
install DVD, but not a music CD. Now that I think about I have used
the DVD drive in my PowerBook to install OS X on a machine that did
not have a DVD drive.

Phil
--
"The United States is putting together a Constitution now for Iraq.
Why don't we just give them ours? It's served us well for 200 years,