[X-Newbies] Excel to Address Book.

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Sun Nov 5 03:46:52 PST 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 4:47 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I have just received a project where I need to take a fair amount of
> institutional contact info (Company name, address, telephone, website,
> etc.) from three Excel files, hoover it out, create a new Address Book
> category based on the Excel file name and then place the contact info
> from the Excel file under the new Address Book category. Does anyone
> have an idea how to do this? I was thinking Apple Script or via
> Filemaker, but as I don't have Filemaker and I know very little about
> Apple Script, I am pretty much at a loss.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian

You can export the data from Excel as a .csv file (Comma Separated
Values), then import it into Address Book.
Look up the topic "Importing Contacts into Address Book" in the
Address Book Help.
There is also a forum for Mail & Address Book on the Apple site.
http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=753

--
Thanks,
Charles