[X-Newbies] PDF files in a browser

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 13 11:34:37 PST 2006

If you don't have the Acrobat plug-in installed, PDF won't open in
Safari.

I have found that small PDF files are OK in the browser, but for
larger ones, they need the whole app to display them....

Press on the PDF link and select 'download to disk'.

I also have never found a control to set that as the default....which
I would prefer in all cases....regardless of size.

When posting PDFs I always indicate the size in brackets for example:
[250 KB] or [1.8MB - Please download to disk]