[X-Newbies] DiskWarrior recovery help.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 00:15:38 PST 2006

On 11/20/06, Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2006, at 4:38 PM, Brian Durant wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, while  I see your  -w command in the man pages, I
> > don't understand  much of what the man page has to say on the
> > matter.  When I run 'sudo mount -w hfsplus /dev/sdb3 /mnt/osx' in
> > the terminal, I get a prompt with possible commands in mount. I
> > have tried to it the partition in /etc/fstab as well, but that
> > doesn't seem to help either. Or is this about 'sudo mount -w
> > hfsplus /dev/sdc12 /mnt/osx2'???
> >

> The -t you had in there before goes with hfsplus, as in "-t hfsplus"
> - that's all one chunk. Give:
>
> sudo mount -w -t hfsplus /dev/sdb3 /mnt/osx
>
> a shot. It might work, but it's such an unusual situation, it's a bit
> of a guess.

Hi Steve, I tried 'sudo mount -w -t hfsplus' on both /dev/sdb3
/mnt/osx and on /dev/sdc12 /mnt/osx2. I then tried a 'cp
/mnt/osx/Users/myprofile /mnt/osx2, but no luck. I tried running two
instances of 'sudo thunar' and drag dropping the directory from the
one file manager window (/mnt/osx) to the other (/mnt/osx2), but still
no luck. Anymore ideas?

Cheers,

Brian