[X-Newbies] DiskWarrior recovery help.

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 20 06:02:46 PST 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 2:15 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> Hi Steve, I tried 'sudo mount -w -t hfsplus' on both /dev/sdb3
> /mnt/osx and on /dev/sdc12 /mnt/osx2. I then tried a 'cp
> /mnt/osx/Users/myprofile /mnt/osx2, but no luck.

So it mounts, but still says it's a read-only file system?

Try doing the original mount command (without the -w) but adding "-o
umask=000" on the end

If that doesn't work, you might try adding the mount to /etc/fstab:

/dev/sdb3 /mnt/osx hfsplus,noauto,user,rw 0 0

reboot, and see if it's mounted and writable. I don't know ubuntu
that well, so use at your own risk.

If you're a newbie and all this glopity gloop has you worried - the
moral of the story is "Make Backups". Sometimes when things break,
there's a bit of warning - a funny noise or intermittent weird
behavior. Sometimes things go from perfect to totally hosed instantly
without any warning. If you have a backup, it's merely inconvenient,
but not a disaster.

SR