[X-Newbies] DiskWarrior recovery help.

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 20 14:23:31 PST 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 4:00 PM, Brian Durant wrote:

>> Without -t, it doesn't make sense. And probably it would prefer it
>> like:
>>
>> sudo mount /dev/sdb3 /mnt/osx -o umask=000 -t hfsplus
>>
>> rather than with switches at the beginning.
>
> OK, that seemed to work. I ran the same command for /dev/sdc12 at /
> mnt/osx2.
> The question is what kind of syntax I need to 'cp' my user profile
> directory and all of the files and subdirectories over to /mnt/osx2.

It's  cp -R <source> <target>

The -R means "recursive", i.e. look in all the subdirectories too. I
forget where your home directory was, but you want something like:

sudo cp -R /Users/me /mnt/osx2/backup-me

It shouldn't matter what's in there, but with the OS X / Ubuntu cross-
over, it's possible that super-long file names, or some other really
weird thing (like file names with foreign language characters in the
name) could goof it up. A file named NO Name.dmg should be OK.

SR