[X-Newbies] IMovie Problem

Luther A. Myrvold lmyrvold at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 17:57:44 PST 2006

I see that no one has responded to my questions about
my iMovie problem.  Perhaps that is the answer - there
is no answer.

But, there may be an answer.  I'll try again:

My iBook G4 is still running OS X.3.9.  Recently the
internal hard drive started to fail. I bought an
external firewire drive, and an Apple genius
transfered the contents of the internal drive to the
external drive.  Then a new hard drive was installed,
and the contents of the external drive were cloned to
the new internal drive.  So far, so good.

Now, my iMovie will not open at all, and iPhoto is
giving me heat about missing some files.  I have tried
to re-install iMovie from the iLife 4 install disks.

The iLife install disk says that some iLife
applications are open, and I must close them to
install.  None of the iLife apps are open.

When I network my iBook to my desktop, I can open the
iBook iMovie application on my desktop.  I am
confused.

1. Are there bits of the applications that are running
in the background on the laptop that won't shut down
even in a reboot?  How do I handle this?

2. If I just upgrade the OS to 10.4 and then try
install the most recent version of iLife, will this
work?

Luther