[X-Newbies] DiskWarrior recovery help.

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 20 20:32:01 PST 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 4:41 PM, Brian Durant wrote:

> Why is /mnt/osx2 "read-only? I ran 'sudo mount /dev/sdc12 /mnt/osx2
> -o umask=000 -t hfsplus

If you have the volume listed in /etc/fstab like:

/dev/sdb3 /mnt/osx hfsplus,noauto,user,rw 0 0

it should mount read/write (that's what the rw does) with:

sudo mount -a

Try unmounting it, then just do "sudo mount -a"  There may be
something wrong with the explicit manual mount command - seems like
it should work for read/write access, but I don't know ubuntu that
well. When you give an explicit manual mount command, it doesn't
matter what's in fstab, so it's either one or the other:  sudo mount /
mnt/blah blah -t blah - o blah  *OR* add it to fstab and do "sudo
mount -a".

SR