[X-Newbies] Re: Your message to X-Newbies awaits moderator approval

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 04:54:57 PST 2006

On 11/20/06, Robert Ameeti <robert at ameeti.net> wrote:
> Listees need to learn to things to be responsible: plain text and
> trimming. Both of these items were not being done by this listee. A
> delay is sometimes the only way to get people to wake up and be
> responsible. Certainly didn't cause anyone to lose any data.

Using html is not irresponsible, nor is posting over 5 KB. Holding a
posting to a thread, using size as the only criteria does not in my
opinion constitute a reasonable action: 1) as was stated by another
poster to this thread, most of the info contained in the posting was
moderator info and unrelated to the thread, 2) at best, one can only
estimate the size of any given posting by the amount of characters and
spaces that the message contains and, 3) size is an extremely
arbitrary method for withholding postings to the list. The original
posting was only 165 bytes over the arbitrary limit set by the
moderator and was held for 54 minutes before being allowed into the
list "sandbox". It seems to me to be more an issue of being anal
retentive than being a responsible poster to the list.

Brian