[X-Newbies] DiskWarrior recovery help.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 07:02:01 PST 2006

On 11/21/06, Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2006, at 4:41 PM, Brian Durant wrote:
>
> > Why is /mnt/osx2 "read-only? I ran 'sudo mount /dev/sdc12 /mnt/osx2
> > -o umask=000 -t hfsplus
>
> If you have the volume listed in /etc/fstab like:
>
> /dev/sdb3 /mnt/osx hfsplus,noauto,user,rw 0 0
>
> it should mount read/write (that's what the rw does) with:
>
> sudo mount -a

OK, the latest on this issue is that I have changed my /etc/fstab to
the following and now mounting with 'sudo mount -a' seems to work:

/dev/sdb3    /mnt/osx    hfsplus    exec,auto,users,rw 0 0
/dev/sdc12    /mnt/osx2    hfsplus    exec,auto,users,rw 0 0

I still can't copy files from /dev/sda or /dev/sdd1 to /mnt/osx2 I
think for some reason /mnt/osx2 is still "read-only". I have looked at
the following links, but I have to admit that I still do not
understand much:

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org/msg57029.html

Cheers,

Brian