[X-Newbies] DiskWarrior recovery help.

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 21 07:48:27 PST 2006

On Nov 21, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> OK, the latest on this issue is that I have changed my /etc/fstab to
> the following and now mounting with 'sudo mount -a' seems to work:
>
> /dev/sdb3    /mnt/osx    hfsplus    exec,auto,users,rw 0 0
> /dev/sdc12    /mnt/osx2    hfsplus    exec,auto,users,rw 0 0
>
> I still can't copy files from /dev/sda or /dev/sdd1 to /mnt/osx2 I
> think for some reason /mnt/osx2 is still "read-only".

I'm down to guesses at this point. It seems like it should work, and
it would be a clever way to get to the old files if it did, but I
think you might be better off doing something more cumbersome but
more conventional - dedicate a new drive to the system to replace the
suspect one, set up a new OS X system, and then recover your files
off the old suspect drive under OS X.

SR