[X-Newbies] Re: Appleworks not responding

Keith Mills 4.oiseaux at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 21 07:32:31 PST 2006

>> On Nov 19, 2006, at 08:58 AM,
>> x-newbies-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
>>> Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:17:29 -0500
>>> From: Al Poulin <alpoul
>>> Subject: Re: [X-Newbies] Appleworks not responding
>>> To: "A place to novice users Mac OS X."
>>> 	<x-newbies at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>> snip
>>> Keith already has the full program on his e-Mac OS X 10.3.3 install
>>> disk.  I suspect the version of AppleWorks on any OS 10.3 is the
>>> latest, and he would not have to get any online update.
>>>
>>> But first, there is a way to pull AppleWorks all by itself off his
>>> install disk.
>>
>> Just my .02cents here, but a trip over to versiontracker.com and
>> a quick search for 'Pacifist' , just might be what's needed to
>> pull the .pkg off the install disk, install, and then just apply
>> updaters to v6.2.9, and then don't forget to repair priviliges(sp)
>> with DU. HTHs
>
> There it is!  Pacifist is the solution that I was groping for.
> Thanks, guy!
> And the "repair" note would be to Repair Permissions.
>
> Al Poulin

I have told you before that, with me, you are dealing with a bear of
little brain! Please advise on exactly what I must do - before I do
something stupid.

I have found "Pacifist" but not yet downloaded it. I take they will
want my $20 before I can use it. I take that my Instal disk will have
to be in for it to work.
>> don't forget to repair priviliges(sp)
>> with DU. HTHs
Please explain the above.
If someone can explain what I need to do in ABC terms, I shall be so
grateful.

I retired 12 years ago. I always told my students: he/she who asks a
question may be a fool for a moment. Those who don't ask will be  fools
for life.
I try to follow my own advice!  :-)

Keith Mills