[X-Newbies] Re: Your message to X-Newbies awaits moderator approval

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:53:25 PST 2006

On 11/21/06, Charles Martin <chasm at mac.com> wrote:
> > From: "Brian Durant" <globetrotterdk at gmail.com>
> > Debate about whether or not html is good netiquette has been raging on
> > the Internet since html styling was first introduced around 1992.
>
> Yes. And debate about creationism versus evolution has been raging on
> for a century more than that.
>
> That's beside the point. Just because the people who are plainly
> wrong (creationists/HTML advocates) will not shut up, doesn't mean
> they will eventually become right.

Putting the debate about plain text/html in e-mail into a pejorative
context does not increase the strength of your argumentation, nor does
wishing that people having another view than yours not exercise their
freedom of expression contribute to the thread. Who says I am an html
advocate? I don't see what the big deal is.

The issue at hand is still the way that an arbitrary posting size has
been set for this list. If there is only on average 2-3 postings on a
normal day, how does the size of the postings overload the capacity of
a server?

Brian