[X-Newbies] Re: Appleworks not responding

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Wed Nov 22 12:44:26 PST 2006

Keith:

By the way, is AppleWorks the only application that is acting up?

If I had problems like this, I would do one of two things, maybe both.

One:  If fairly easy to do (which it would be in my case), I would back
up all my Home files, reinitialize the hard drive, and install all
software from scratch.

Two:  If rebuilding as above is not easy for you to do, I recommend
going to the AppleWorks discussion forum at the Apple web site.  Also
consider joining the AppleWorks User Group, now AUG or what used to be
the CWUG.

If Two does not help, then resort to One regardless of how difficult it
might be.

Sudden afterthought.  To make sure that your AppleWorks documents are
okay, you might want to bring or send a sample or two to someone who
could try to open them.  If they look normal, then that should ease
some of your concern.  Try one that you have not opened since the
troubles and another like your 53 page monster.

Al Poulin