[X-Newbies] Re: Appleworks not responding

Keith Mills 4.oiseaux at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 22 12:10:02 PST 2006

Thank you again. Yes, I do Repair Permissions periodically - it was the
initials that fooled me.

But just to report back. I suspect that I am beyond help. I'm in
despair.

1. Even before I did anything, things went from bad to worse this
morning. I can't launch Appleworks at all. Recent documents won't print
even. If I do Print and Preview/PDF, all I get is a blank page as I do
after choosing Page Setup in an Appleworks document (where it directs
me).  If I try to open a document with Starting Points, I get a
miniature page all in grey, but which will do nothing.
2. So I invested in "Pacifist", followed all the instructions and .....
no difference.
3. Earlier I transferred a page to TextEdit and tried to print it. It
becomes 53 pages of large letters (?)*. Weird.
4. If I go into Appleworks Preferences, I am told "Cannot convert this
file to an Appleworks document."

Does any of this make any sense at all?

Keith Mills

* I've just worked out the apparently random 53 pages of large letters.
If I go into Page Set-up, I find that it keeps reverting to 2885%? So
it's my letter heading!