[X-Newbies] cant login to msn messenger

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 27 08:00:40 PST 2006

On Nov 25, 2006, at 2:58 PM, arturo oropeza wrote:

> Hi, first I want to say that Im new to this group and to the world of
> mac, I just bought a ibook g3 and Im trying to learn to do things
> with, it look very different from windows but I know very soon I will
> be doing fine with.
> My first problem so far is that I can not log in to my msn messenger

Using what program as a client?

> and I can navigate everywhere in the internet but i cant go to the
> msn site.

By "navigate on the internet" you mean looking at web pages?  If the
MSN web site doesn't work, what happens?  Error message, page times
out, etc.?

> I downloaded the newest msn messenger for mac but it wont either.
> Am I missing something here?.
> I have mac os x.

MSN chat sometimes goes off the air for several hours or a day. I'd
recommend getting Adium (http://www.adiumx.com ) and setting that up
as your chat client, even if you only use one chat service.

SR