[X-Newbies] Re: Transfering a radio program on tape to MP3 file for web site.

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Oct 25 19:57:45 PDT 2006

> From: "Brian Durant" <globetrotterdk at gmail.com>
>
> I have a radio program that I made for Danish Radio about 12 years ago
> that I would like to put on a personal web site of mine. What is the
> easiest way to transfer from a pro style Walkman to my G5? Do I need
> special cables, etc?

You need an iMic (about $40US from Griffin Technology, http://
www.griffintechnology.com).

You'll also need a sound editor that can fix the "hiss" of the tape,
edit and so on. I'd suggest Amadeus 2 ($35), though I haven't yet
used Fission ($17) from Rogue Amoeba and it looks really promising too.

iTunes or Amadeus can convert the file to MP3 or Quicktime hinted MOV
format (much better for web site -- streaming listening instead of
having to download the entire file first!).

Cheers
Chas