[X-Newbies] how to seamlessly use added hard drive

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Fri Sep 8 16:54:22 PDT 2006

At 3:53 PM -0700 9/8/06, Chris Beamis wrote:
>I have the original 57.3GB hard drive with only about 1.5GB free
>right this minute, and I just installed a new 370GB IDE drive as the
>slave.

Download SuperDuper (search at MacUpdate.com), use it to clone the
current master over to the big slave. Set the slave to be the startup
drive. Shut down. Make the big disk the master and remove the
original. Start up. Be happy.

At your convenience, get a good, inexpensive external drive enclosure
and put the original into it. Use it as emergency backup or whatever.
Even before that, get another big disk and either put it into an
external enclosure to use for backup or put it in as slave and use as
a less safe backup...
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]