[X-Newbies] how to seamlessly use added hard drive

Vard Nelson vnelson at detectgeo.com
Fri Sep 8 17:24:17 PDT 2006

From: "Charles Howse" <chowse at charter.net>
> Can someone confirm that I can take an IDE drive from a PC and  install it
> in my PowerMac G5 (early 2005) running 10.4.7?
>
> I searched around on Apple.com and Googled, but didn't find anything
> definitive.

I see no reason why you can't because you purchase the same drive to put in
a Mac as a PC.  I do not know for certain whether it would need to be
reformatted (initialized).  Anybody else know that?  I suspect it would just
plug-and-play because you can access PC drives over the network just fine.
My suspicion is probably worth about what I charged to put it here, though!