[X-Newbies] how to seamlessly use added hard drive

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Sep 8 18:30:02 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 06:56:31PM CDT, Charles Howse <chowse at charter.net> wrote:
:
: On Sep 8, 2006, at 5:53 PM, Chris Beamis wrote:
:
: >I just installed a new 370GB IDE drive as the slave.
:
: Can someone confirm that I can take an IDE drive from a PC and
: install it in my PowerMac G5 (early 2005) running 10.4.7?
:
: I searched around on Apple.com and Googled, but didn't find anything
: definitive.

Even though the last PowerMac G5 models went with Serial ATA
for the hard drives, you can still connect an IDE hard drive
to the internal Ultra ATA/100 bus that is connected to the
CD/DVD drive.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/