[X-Newbies] CanoScan Lide 70 og OS X.

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 2 08:27:01 PST 2007

On Feb 2, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Brian Durant wrote:
> I don't think those processes are working on my system as the buttons
> neither work with the button manager running or not. I am not very
> impressed with the way the software installs things. The installer
> seems to function like a virtual shotgun, spraying bits and bobs all
> over the place.

Yeah, their installers have always been bad.

Have a look in the installer disk image - there's a folder called
IntoCFMSupport_Login. I'm not sure which of those you need for the
LIDE 70 (my disk image has two items), but you need to manually place
them in /Library/CFMSupport, then find the right one to add to your
login items in the Account prefs. (You might want to try running the
installer again, because there's other stuff that needs to go there
and in other locations. Each folder is labeled, so it's not too hard.)

Kirk
           Author of: The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood
                      http://www.mcelhearn.com/unix.html