[X-Newbies] Connecting to the Internet with OS 9

Pamela McCarville mccarville80620 at mac.com
Wed Feb 7 14:20:07 PST 2007

Hi

I'm having problem connecting to the internet.   I use Comcast and this
morning they came by and hooked up a new modem - they said my other one
was outdated.

I have a G4 running OS 9.1 and a Ti-Laptop running 10.3.9.   I have my
tower set up as a AirPort Base Station.   I do most of my work on my
laptop.

The minute he walked into the room he said he hated Macs, so I was
afraid there might be trouble.  And there was, after he hooked up the
modem he couldn't get the tower to connect up.   He said they didn't
support OS 9 and I would have to call Apple and left.    I called
Comcast directly and while the guy didn't know Macs, said they did
support OS 9.  He thought maybe the AirPort Base Station was my
problem.   He asked if I could reset the AirPort card.

If I connect the laptop up to the modem it works fine.   But I'd really
like to get the tower hooked up and back running as the base station
and use my laptop wirelessly.

Does anyone know if you can reset a Airport Card or if that even sounds
like that could be the problem?

Thanks to anyone who has an idea.
Pam